When reporting and writing are involved, I’m known to tirelessly track down sources, venture into potentially dangerous neighborhoods in search of the story, and deliver the copy on deadline without fail. Reporting and writing are my greatest strengths and enduring passions.
Currently, I’m executive features editor at Marketing Land and Search Engine Land, working with expert contributors on everything from email to social media marketing, from paid search to SEO. I also contribute to both sites on occasion, covering paid search news and other marketing topics such as local, mobile, display and email.
My previous work — hard news stories, features and a bi-weekly column — has been published online in ClickZ.com, Internetnews.com, and in other related publications. I got my start in online publishing at @NY, a pioneering New York-based publication covering the Internet business. I’ve also written about outdoor recreation and active travel for GORP. In print, I’ve had dozens of pieces in the New York Post business section and wrote several feature stories for the now-defunct Business 2.0 magazine. I got my formal training at Columbia University’s graduate school of journalism, which I attended after a stint as a general assignment reporter and editor at KTRH Radio in Houston.
Following are some examples of my work.
Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- How Mobile Apps Can Nurture Brand Loyalty: Stories From SXSWi
- A Sneak Peek Into Volkswagen’s Super Bowl Social Media “War Room” Plans
- SEL: Bio and story index
- ML: Bio and story index
ClickZ Columns and News Articles:
- Web Services: RSS on Steroids (February 13, 2004) – An early peek into the importance of APIs for marketers.
- RSS: Not Just for Bloggers Anymore (March 26, 2004)
- ThirdScreen Media Launches Wireless Ad Network (October 18, 2004)
- Interactive Ads Play Big Role in “Minority Report” (June 21, 2002)
Blog posts on The River: